Marketing Roofing with a Door-to-Door Campaign is direct, affordable and effective.
Don’t let door-to-door marketing intimidate you. This is a direct approach to delivering your roofing marketing that is affordable. Here are some simple strategies to make your campaign more effective:
1) Door-To-Door Team
- Use your own sales team or consider hiring outside of your services. The latter is most successful when you are looking for door-to-door distribution of Door Hangers or Post-It® Notes as opposed to door-to-door sales.
- Hire college or high school students. Look for sports teams, clubs or organizations searching for fundraising opportunities.
- Motivate students by offering a cash incentive for each activation they get. A code at the bottom of the flyer can be linked to each sales representative to keep track of commissions.
- 2) Timing
- Come up with the best time of day to get started and what hours to put your team into action. Deliver during work hours if you are you trying to door hang the neighborhood or adjust this time if you are door knocking and want to reach prospective customers at home. Keep in mind this technique works great for homes that are within a city and close together. When homes are spaced further apart or the terrain is more challenging, this may cost you more time. Consider this when you are determining storm damage reports and what areas are the most important.
- How many houses do you expect to be visited in a specified time frame?
- How many roof leads are you hoping to generate?
- Keep track of your goals and measure the success of each campaign. This way you can track which technique is most responsive and in what areas.
- Place unique promo codes on the Door Hangers—and all of your marketing tactics—so that you can track response rates and ROI on your marketing investment.
- Unique call tracking lines are also an effective way to measure a campaign’s results.
- Build your brand. Always remind the prospects and customers that you are the local expert and they will recognize you when they need your service or have the chance to provide a referral.
- If you’re sending out a sales team to speak with prospective clients, lead this with a Direct Mail piece that introduces your “roofing experts” and announces the upcoming campaign (example: Our Roofing Professionals will be visiting your neighborhood soon. Call now to set up a no obligation roofing bid”).
- If your team is door hanging the neighborhood and not actively selling, it is still important to prepare them with basic product training. Your team may run into people out and about that have questions.
- Provide your team with key information that makes it easy for the prospect to get more information if they are interested.
- Consider focusing your Door-to-Door Program by canvassing the homes around recent jobs.
- Even better, Own The Neighborhood™* by placing a yard sign at the home of each job site and then canvass the area with Door Hangers, Post It® Notes or Flyers. Complete the campaign by hitting the same neighborhood with a targeted Direct Mail piece.
- Increase your response by removing current customers from your list and using demographic profiling.
*Own The Neighborhood™ is a trademarked program of Lorex, Inc.